CORPIAS has provided expert interim pensions management and operational services for fixed-term projects, to cover long-term absence and to achieve expert outcomes within a contained cost.
As Interim Head of Pensions, Alan led and developed a team of 50 split into three departments of relationship managers, member communications and regulated advisers.
Key achievements included:
- Identified the blockages and practices that were restricting performance and introduced winning ways of working.
- Created high performing team expectations, particularly promoting personal responsibility for good practices throughout the team.
- Developed and rolled out client-centric business plans.
- Improved key performance indicators and appraisal system.
- Dealt with bad (ineffective and inefficient) behaviours.
- Ensured teams learnt the value of helping colleagues and other teams by instilling the belief that effort would be returned by greater respect and increased success.
- Reviewed salary structures and bonus system, making major changes which rewarded successful effort, satisfied clients and profitability.
- Improved morale and success of team, identified new management potential within it and increased client satisfaction.